Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ethan Ronald Wick

Well he's finally here! He was born June 13 at 8:08pm. He weighed 7lbs. 1.3oz and was 19in long. Here's how it went. I got a call at 6:30 in the morning from the Hospital telling me that they were ready for me to come in and be induced. We got to the Hospital around 7:30am and they put me on pit at about 8:30. Then we waited. After 5 hours my contractions were still not doing much so my doctor came in to break my water. That was about 3:00pm. We continued to wait. At first it was really slow but I'd had my epidural before the doctor came in so I was fine. After a while, though, I got to where I was in pain. The anesthesiologist came back in to try and help with the pain, but it didn't help. I was then dilated to about a 4 but after that the pain gradually got worse and worse. Since I could tell the drugs wern't totally doing there job I figured I was in for a hard delivery. Lucky for me he was ready because the next time they checked I was dilated to a 9 and I knew he was on his way. So we called in the Doctor in and before we knew it Ethan was here. It was a bit harder than expected but totally worth it.

Mathew called a few hours later with great news. He was getting to port and they were going to let him off the boat so he could fly home to see me and the babies. He is with us now and it's been great to have him back. He will be heading back in a few weeks to go to work again. I am very greatful to have Mathew back and to have a healthy new baby. Now the real work begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment